Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Love the Nightlife

This weekend was pretty entertaining. The Eastside Crew and myself decided we needed a well deserved night on the town before we start the "gasp" dreaded work week. Now, I've come to realize that a 29 year old body doesn't recover like a 28 year old body, and if a song ever has the words "Get Low" in the chorus, do not, I repeat, do not try to get low unless you have the following: 1) extra hands to get your butt up off the floor; 2) any sort of railing assistance; and last but definitely not least 3) a make-shift limbo bar. I haven't danced that hard since 'nam, but I definitely made up for the two days of not walking that's for sure. Then today I helped Cuz finish packing her apartment for like 3 hours (she lives on the second floor), so I'm pretty sure I burned enough calories between droppin' it like it's hot and running up and down stairs. My thighs will be feeling it till Tuesday. Another thing, why do women continually torture their feet with high heels? Granted, I'm guilty as charged when it comes to wearing heels and cute high shoes to the point I can't feel my toes, but why can't shoe designers make cute heels and wedges that are like a sexy and chic orthopedic shoe? It has to be do-able. Where there's a will there's a way.

This week starts "back to school." I can't believe how fast this academic year has gone, and I can't believe I've lived in Cleveland for a year and a half now. It's amazing how fast time flies any more. How come time could never fly this fast when I was sitting in algebra class or communication law? I only have three weeks left till the 5k. It's time to get down and dirty just like Mose days. I have to get focused the next three weeks, and HAVE to walk at least twice a day. This past week I've been not so good about walking twice a day, so the next three I have to get my game face on and my laces tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment