Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Who's Bad!?

I've had one of those weeks were it's a face off between me and my enemy in a dark garage and we are about to rumble into a dark, wet ally way with my extremely tight red leather coat, black tapered pants, white socks with black shoes and a glistening coif of curls. My enemy is something evil...evil yet delicious and totally semi-bad for me...so bad for me I will be guilt ridden for days even though it is "baked". My nemesis...meet baked Cheetos. As of yesterday I vow not to buy these things anymore. I can't have them in the mansion. They beacon to me like a college party beacons to Michael Phelps. I grow weak at the knees when I see that cute cheesy cheetah and his too cool for school sunglasses. No more I say to the crispy, abstracted puffed corn! I don't care if you're baked, delicious and half the fat and calories of regular potato chips.

I've been really slacking on the food journal lately. I need to get back into that. It really helps to see where I'm lacking and what I'm not getting enough of. I'm also trying to think of five different things I can swap to help with my battle of the bulge. The top contenders fighting for the top five spots:

Baked Cheetos (obviously) - I think I'm going to replace this with carrots. They are still orange, maybe not as tasty, but can be paired with a variety of dips (hummus, fat free ranch..) to tantalize the taste buds.

Eating out - I probably go out to eat two to three times a week. Most of the time, and I emphasize "most," I do eat sensible when I go out. But occasionally there is a Mexican restaurant involved and I might as well as say gracias to sensible eating that day. I plan on buying with my amazon gift card the Biggest Loser Calorie Counter book (which came in the mail yesterday!). That way I can make sensible swaps and have the hard facts staring back at me.

Clothing/Jeans - I need to get rid of my old jeans and clothing and get super hot new ones. I'm reluctant because I've had these jeans for the past year and a half and they fit me like a glove...well now they fit like an old, worn out glove. The crotch is down to my knees and I think it's time to retire them. I think it is important to find good jeans that fit so that way I can see and feel the difference of the new vs. the old.

Workout - Even though I think my workout is working out, I think it needs a little sumpin' sumpin'. Next month I'm going to start fitness kickboxing. It's a 45 minute workout which consists of kickboxing on punching bags, light weight training for strength, and calisthenics for conditioning and toning. My plan is to do this three times a week and the other three to four days at the gym doing my usual treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, weights and 30 day shred routine.

(last but probably not least...)

Cooking - my idea of cooking is throwing a lean frozen meal in the microwave and then dressing it up a little with additional veggies and light toppings. I need to turn up the heat in the kitchen and start making fresh, healthy meals. I just got my copy of the Biggest Loser's "6 Weeks to a Healthier You" in the mail and they have some kick-ass recipes in there that I can't wait to try. It's time to put the frozen meals back in the freezer and start sharpening my Cutco knives! Watch out Emeril!

What are sensible swaps you have made or are making to keep you on the straight and narrow healthy road?

No comments:

Post a Comment