Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Have you tried Zumba?

For the past few weeks, I have been attending Zumba class two times a week. I can't rave enough about it!

I would define Zumba as a type of dance, using Latin inspired moves set to upbeat music. The class uses intervals, pairing certian moves with slower beats to warm you up and then kicking it up a notch using faster music and more difficult combinations.

While you may think you are just jumping around and having a good time, the different steps and combinations target specific areas of the body. The best part is, you may hate doing ab work, but there are moves in every combination that work your abs without you really knowing it. I just took a class last night that apparently targeted arms because my arms are a little sore today, like I lifted weights last night instead of Zumba-ing.

If you are interested in checking out Zumba, visit the official website, http://www.zumba.com/. The website has a list of locations where Zumba is offered. Zumba is a great way to mix up your workout. Try it - I promise you won't be able to stop moving!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there I stumbled over here from Prior Fat Girl's blog. Just started following you and look forward to reading about your progress.

    I have never tried it but they just started a class here at the campus I work at that I'm thinking about trying. Just got to get myself over there when they have it.

    If you get a chance stop by my blog and say hello.

    ReplyDelete