Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Go PINK!

The Race of the Cure has come and gone. I'm totally looking forward to this becoming a yearly thing for me to do. What a great event. Betty's Busty Buddies were a hit. It was quite amazing to see all the people who came out and ran/walked/supported this cause. You can never know the magnitude of something of this nature (or cancer in general) until you see all the "In Memory" of signs on peoples backs. It just breaks my heart to see multiple people on the "In Memory" bib sheets on people's shirts. I think sometimes we think "oh it can't happen to me...," but it can. One can not underestimate the big bad monster called cancer. That is why it is important to take all precautions that are necessary. That is why I'm encouraging women to use the buddy system in their monthly self-breast exams. I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this, but I think using the buddy system would make the exams more fun.

Check out the pictures from the Race for the Cure on my facebook page.

After the race on Saturday, we went out for my friend's 30th birthday. Part two of Break yo'self Dancing took place. I have no idea why I think it is a good idea to drop my entire body as low as I can go. My legs burned the whole day on Sunday, and I'm sure it showed at family breakfast the next morning. At least I got one hell of a work out all day on Saturday. But of course that was followed by a little late night munching on pizza... my splurge for the weekend compliments of the adult beverages.

Today I walked with my neighbor Andrea. We walked about 3 miles all over P-ville and then I came home and did a ton of different arm and leg exercises with my weights. Oh and I only lost 1 lb. this past week. I'm kicking it in super gear this week for sure. Today I didn't eat too terrible, but here we go:

Breakfast: nada, bad I know...

Snack: nada

Lunch: we went to Bravo! for a lunch meeting and I got Pesto Tortellini with Roma tomatoes, onions and sun dried tomatoes with spinach and cheese tortellini in a pesto sauce. Since Bravo! doesn't have any nutritional facts anywhere, I'm going to have to guesstimate this. It was a smaller portion than the dinner portion, so I'm going to guess like 800 calories and 25 grams of fat (I have no idea though)

Dinner: 1/2 cup of Edemame and a California Roll (total, 500 Calories and 10 grams of fat)

Water: 5 glasses

Exercise: walked 3 miles and reps of various arm and leg exercises with 8 lb. weights

No comments:

Post a Comment