Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Busy Is No Excuse

Every day is like ground hog day anymore. I don't know if that is what happens when you are on the cusp of turning 30 in 8 months (not that I'm counting), or if that is what happens when life become too hectic and/or routine, or when you just feel like you constantly get the short end of the stick. What a sh*tty couple of weeks. It's like the same old sh*t just keeps getting bigger and bigger by the hour, and unfortunately I don't have a pooper scooper that can handle it all in two scoops.


So lately things have been going down the sh*tter. Over the past two weeks I have been occasionally eating sh*tty, have gotten sh*tty news, my horoscope is sh*tty, got a flat tire, sh*t, and got something sh*tty all over one of my favorite shirts. I don't know if you got the memo but this is going to be one sh*tty blog entry ...lol.


So my traveling from Cleveland to Cincinnati has come to an end until Thanksgiving. While I've enjoyed my frequent trips to the southern part of Ohio, I'm glad that I'm not driving that much for a while. Driving just takes it out of you, and when you are doing it alone, there is only so much to talk about with yourself, only so many songs on your iPod to sing, and only so many rest areas you can visit in a four hour time span. The occasional Prime Outlet stop is in order to see what kind of deals the Coach and Gap outlets have, and I have yet to still stop at Grandpa's Cheesebarn, which I may just take some leisure time on the weekend and drive down to Ashland, where the world's friendliest people live, and see it... though I'm convinced that the world's friendliest people don't live in Ashland.


The one thing I've noticed when I make trips to the nasti 'nati is that people tend to meet up for lunch or dinner, and I got to thinking about how often that takes place. Granted, it's easier to work in a meal here and there and catch up with people, but many of my trips to Cincinnati have every meal consumed with getting together with people, catching up, and we part our ways until the next time. Now not that I'm against that because I love fine Cincinnati cuisine, especially when it has anything to do with a three way and/or some Montgomery Inn ribs, but I wonder what it is about food that makes people gather. I plan to ponder more on this question. The trips were so much fun and I'm sad they have come to an end for the time being. I got to catch up with a ton of people!

So after being away for five days it's back to the routine. It rained every single day in Cincy, and then what do you know, I came back to more rain. I love fall but hate it at the same time. I love the fall clothes, shoes, accessories, crisp weather, apple cider, hot chocolate and tea, but hate how most days are cold, rainy and dreary. It just sets you in that Debbie Downer mood. With that comes being unmotivated to work out and get stuff done. BUT I haven't let the somber weather seep in to my bones! Work outs have gotten a little more intense. I now do 20 minutes on the bike, 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and then 10-15 minutes of weight machines. Now that I have gotten paid for the month (Woo Hoo!) I'm going to get my copy of the Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred! I'm quite excited about this as I've heard many, many good things about this DVD. I've also been doing water aerobics with my neighbor Andrea, and we've been hitting the gym daily. We are beasts of the east! On Wednesday alone we did 2 hours of activity - 1 hour in the gym and 1 hour of water aerobics... what you got to say about that Jillian Michael's!!!!

Water aerobics is quite the work out. I'm getting my ass served to me on a platter by people who are probably older than my mother. Some of these ladies have been doing this for like 6+ years. They are water warriors! Water aerobics is more physical than people think. You're using body parts and doing exercises you don't think you could do in the water. When you get out of the water you feel like you've enter the Strong Man competition... your arms, legs, shoulders, abs all feel the burn. Next up on the training circuit is Zumba... Thick Chick has highly recommended this and use to be an avid Zumba'er.

So on my quest to skinniness does anyone else have any suggestions on DVD's, classes, work outs, routines, and/or exercises?

1 comment:

  1. "I wonder what it is about food that makes people gather."

    Dining together is the glue that binds all hunter/gatherer societies together. It's much easier to bring down larger game in a group that by yourself. Once the work is done, let the feasting begin. It's imprinted on our genes. I don't think we'll ever loose the desire to gather socially over a meal. Not only is there the shared meal, but the chance to renew social ties and get all the latest info and gossip.

    Don't lose your motivation, and stick to your routine and you will be fine.

    Luv you.

    John

    (ramblings of an insomniac redneck)

    ReplyDelete