Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cute Boys are Like Dove Candies...

as good as they may seem they always end up being bad for you! First and foremost I want to apologize to my readers for being MIA the past several days. I've been traveling, getting my promotional materials done, and a bunch of other things I will not bore you with. BUT on a side note, I did lose 10 pounds! CHICKA CHICKA! I'm pretty stoked, because the scale initially lied to me and said I only lost 5, and then the next day it said I lost 10. Any who back to my thought...

This weekend I rolled back to the 'nasti for a hot minute, and to my surprise (and dismay) my mom had bought Dove candies. Up until this past weekend I haven't had any candy. I was trying to come up with logic thinking as to how cute boys and Dove candies are similar. Here are my thoughts. Feel free to add your comments or add to the list.


  • Both can be pretty good looking, smooth, and have nice things to say. It's all in the packaging if you ask me. At least with the Dove promise messages on the inside of the wrapper you won't be waiting for an answer or a telephone call.

  • Both are quite enjoyable, until you realize how bad they actually are for your well being.

  • Both, in some way, can add baggage to your life. Moderation is the key.

  • Both create some sort of chemical release in your body.

  • Both can make you feel good and bad at the same time. That's why its good to practice will power.

I'm sure you're wondering if I indulged in some Dove candy... the answer is yes. It was my cheat for the weekend, but I only like 4 over the course of 3 days. I did eat really well though which I'm giving myself props for. I had grilled chicken and veggies one night for dinner and the other night I had two mini-turkey sliders and a salad. Lately I've been notorious for eating like one meal a day, which I'm going to blame on my schedule last week. I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. practically every night, and was running errands until dusk so that left no time for walking. This week I have to make up my walking for what I missed out on over the past 4 days or so.


Today consisted of:


Breakfast: Yogurt parfait with strawberries and granola


Snack: n/a


Lunch: we went to the donner's for lunch... I'm going to have to guesstimate on this again... I had a half of a quesadilla with sour cream and guac, rice and some chips and salsa (700 calories, 20 grams of fat)


Snack: n/a


Dinner: Veggie burrito bowl with black beans, corn, tomato, and less rice, sour cream, cheese and guac. I have to go grocery shopping so it was this or a 100 calorie pack of Oreos. I'm going to guess that this was mucho calories... and we will leave it at that.


Exercise: walked 2 miles and rode the stationary bike for 5 miles

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate is like love. Better to have loved and lost than .........
    Sexual Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true... that's why I'm so glad I worked off those 4 Dove candies I ate over the weekend already! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete