Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DAAAAMMMMMMNNNN!

Tonight is the first time, in a LOOOONNNNGGGG time that I walked past the mirror and said "DAMN GIRL!" I lost 2 more pounds since last Wednesday making the total to 35 (which I can't believe even after THIS past weekend...USA! USA!). If I can lose 2 more this week I will be a happy camper and right on track to be down 50 by the time I go home to Cincy to visit in April. I've also joined the Reading Rainbow club and now have a library card. Honestly, I haven't had a library card since like the summer of '84 (OK more like 2002). I'm in the midst of reading Mindless Eating and it has opened me up the world of how I use to eat and how easy it is to mindless eat in certain situation. I'm looking forward to getting my psychology food science on.



I plan on getting before and after pictures up this week. Oye vey...before and after pictures. I cringe at the thought, but it's good to see progress. It will be a good reminder of how far I've come in this journey to beat obesity! I just sounded like Oprah...



JEANS...AND NOT THE ONES MY MAMA GAVE ME

So as I observe the world that turns...or the world that doesn't turn as fast as it so happens that the quake rocked the earth so hard it's off it's axis ... I often wonder why plus size clothes makers want to put plus size women in the most obnoxious patterns ever. The last time I checked plus size women need trendy clothing love too...we don't want to look like the "other" Brady Bunch kids. I'm quite peeved I must say...Lane Bryant is discontinuing my FAVORITE jeans. This is like throwing me two big ol' birdies and telling me to suck it! From what I hear they are "re-branding" the line and going back to their original size chart and more "slimmer" fits. Now, I don't know if Lane Bryant, THE plus size powerhouse of clothing for the large and in charge know this, but most women who have junk in the trunk and treasure in the chest don't necessarily want to have to feel like they are wearing wearable bondage. I'm not a "slim" jean type of gal...because if it ain't gettin' over Mt. Everest then it ain't for the rest of us.



HI HO HI HO IT'S OFF TO THE GROCERY STORE WE GO

Why are people always in a hurry at the grocery store? And what the heck is up with Aldi charging people for a cart? I've never paid a quarter to get a cart to go grocery shopping. WTF is the purpose? This was my first experience at Aldi's and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. While I felt their selection was pretty good for only having off brands, I'm not sure overall how I feel about my shopping experience. I'm still stuck on the quarter for a cart thing...do they really think I'm going to run down Mentor Ave with a grocery cart? I guess anything is possible, but you wouldn't see my sorry ass rollin' down the street with my grocery cart...unless of course I was dared to and there were margarita's involved.



Hungry Girl has been promoting the crap out of VitaTops. I'm eager to try these since they've been promoting them hard core over the past couple of weeks. I got the Deep Chocolate flavor ....get your mind out of the gutter...DON'T even think of going there because I just did...! From what I've read they only have 100 calories, high in fiber and contain 15 minerals, vitamins, soy and oat bran. I will let you know how this goes. Fiber and oat bran don't normally mix well but maybe the fact that it is masked by this Deep Chocolate flavor will help ;)


I was also saddened to see that all the Jell-o Temptations Mousse was sold out! Word must have spread fast or everyone saw my glowing review of this heavenly treat.


So apparently college's have spring break, and ours happened to be this week, which brings sweat to my forehead because I only get to do half my workout in the gym! UGH! Way to set me back LEC! Just when I'm hitting my stride you go and throw a spring break in there, and close the gym at 6 p.m. every day. Looks like I'm doing the 30 day shred extra this week to make up for an hour lost at the gym.


I'm officially four months away from a milestone birthday...the one...the only...the big...THREE-OH! I'm not sure how I feel about turning 30. Everyone is saying 30 is the new 20 and if that's the case then I'm in for a rude awakening! Any other 30 somethings or 30 somethings of yesteryear's have anything to say about this...words of wisdom? Thoughts to live by? Your expertise advice is needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment