Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Break-ups to Make-ups

Well me and my current love interest, the Treadmill, decided to take a break from each other for a few days. I think he was feeling that I wasn't giving it all that I had, and I felt he was pushing me too hard. So we took a couple days to get our bearings back, think things through, and we both realized, in the words of Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock that "it takes two to make a thing go right...it takes two to make it out of site." Honestly, I'm glad we are back together...he brings the best out of me, and though some days I love to hate him and his calories per hour, he pushes me on word and up word at an incline of 7.0%, in the end he has my best interest at heart (literally). I'm happy to say that I've reached one of my goals...that is I can walk a mile in 17 minutes at a 3.5 mph.


GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ARE THE DEVIL
Not only do I have to be worried about being attacked by Reese's Eggs, Peeps and the Cadbury Bunny, but I have to see those cute little girl scouts with puppy dog eyes asking me to buy their devilishly good treats so they can win a iPod at the front of the grocery store. My neighbor informed me to stay away from the grocery store because they were representing...in numbers...of cookies and brownies that is. All last week that's all I had visions of dancing in my head was boxes of Somoas, Peanut Butter Patties and Thin Mints. You'll be happy to know that I didn't fall trap to the sad puppy dog eyes and the delectably coconut and chocolate drizzled delicacies. I plan on trying to devise a plan to get into the grocery store by a secret co-op mission that doesn't include walking by that table. If I do me and some Shortbreads will Do-Si-Do.


SUBLIMINAL FORTUNES...what does it all mean?
On Sunday, I was paying for my Saturday night of fun at the Irish American Club of the East Side of Cleveland. Saturday night alone I blew my work out on Saturday...but it was well worth it. Then on Sunday I paid the price for the Irish fun I had on Saturday. On Sunday, I decided I'd get some Chinese food. I haven't had this for like a year...and well to be honest, Sunday's are hard days for me. Sunday's are usually spent with family, and since I live about 4.5 hours away from mine, I usually spend my Sundays doing miscellaneous things and working out. Any who, I digress...when I got back to the Mansion I decided to see what my fortune was, and over the past few weeks I've had a lot to think about and reevaluate in different aspects of my life ... but what this tiny high-fructose cookie had in store was definitely a subliminal message (that about 8,000 other people probably got too) and that was "Believe it can be done." I know it's foolish to look for answers in fortune cookies, and not that this was an answer I was looking for, but more something I needed to see and be reminded of. For all those reading going through hard times or needing that extra push just remember "Believe it can be done!"


SHAKE WHAT YOUR MAMA GAVE YA
Songs to make part of your next work-out routine:
La Roux - Bulletproof (Foamo Dubstep Remix)
Lady GaGa feat. Beyonce - Telephone (Crooker's Remix)
Ludacris - Bad Chick
Black Eyed Peas - Rock that Body
T.I. - I'm Back
Jay-Z - On to the Next
Three-Six-Mafia feat. Sean Kingston - Feel It
Pitbull feat. Akon - Shut it Down
Flo ri da feat. Nelly Furtado - Jump

What songs do you listen to to get that workout going?

1 comment:

  1. Me and the dreadmill don't get a long at all. One day, I will take a flying leap off of it!

    ReplyDelete