Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

It's a Hip-Hop Dance Party!

I don't know about you, but there are times when I just don't want to travel to the gym. It's raining...it's cold...I'd rather be at home than working out.

I've decided to still get some cardio in on those lazy days, and I now have a pretty extensive collection of workout DVD's. Pilates, step aerobics, kickboxing...you name it and I have it. I recently purchased Jennifer Gilardi's Dance Off the Inches Hip-Hop Party. I know the name sounds a little cheesy, but this is a great workout DVD. I usually get bored with a workout DVD after watching the second time, and the fact that I can workout to this DVD a few times a week tells me that this is a great workout and DVD.

The workout is all dancing, so if you don't like to bust a move, don't waste your time reading the rest of this post. There is a seperate section of the DVD that teaches the dance moves in detail, so no time is wasted during the actual workout section. The workout is fast paced and makes you sweat. The routines are themed-based: one is a basic hip-hop routine, the second a "sexy" routine and the third is what I like to call the "world rhythms" routine which is full of Latin and Bollywood moves. Also, Jennifer is not one of those really cheesy "You can do it!" workout DVD instructors, so the annoynance level is pretty low. The best thing about this DVD, though, is that it keeps you moving for 45 minutes straight. Wether it's the warmup, the routines, or cool down, you are always moving your body.

So, check it out. You can purchase the DVD on Amazon for less than $10.

1 comment:

  1. Go get um em..... NOTHING BUT FAITH IN YOU ....

    ReplyDelete