Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Don't Wanna...

Honestly, I'm not in the mood for it today - not in the mood to eat healthy and not in the mood for my rigorous work out. For a brief moment today I was swimming in a pool of sugary awesomeness and had to literally throw myself a life preserver. For a week now all I can think about is sweets, and today my prayers were answered. My besty sent me a late valentine's day present :) Oh and you know it was filled with some sweet thangs from the nasti 'nati. There was two busken cookies (which equates to frosted happiness), a 6 pack of Reese Hearts (which I like just like my men...chocolate, rich and delicious!) and Heart Peeps! Well, you already know how this story is going to end ... the busken cookies...gone...Reese Hearts...I ate 2...and now I wish I would've just either had one or the other or just one of either the cookies or the hearts. My body is rejecting itself right now. That's what I get I guess, and I've officially have learned my lesson (for now ;) ) We all have minor set backs, and we all have our days. I guess I can chuck it up to being human.

Since last Thursday I've been going hard core at the gym, working out roughly two hours a day. Yesterday I didn't go. I just felt like I got out of the ring with Mike Tyson, but the exception was my ears were still intact. So I took an off day yesterday, and I want to take another "no gym" pass today, but I can't let myself do that. I know you're wondering if I made it to the gym...well I did the usual routine ... 1 hour on the treadmill, 15 on the elliptical, and 20 on the bike.

Here's proof that I did...
I don't know if it is the winter weather, where I am in my life, the lack of sunshine, the fact that I can't drink at work ... I just can't pinpoint it. I've been reading in many of my fellow weight loss bloggers that they are looking for a change, even beyond the obvious. I'm a notorious change lover. I love change. I welcome it with gift baskets, lean cuisines and open arms. Now I'm starting to wonder how good is too much change? There has to be something wrong when you are constantly changing something, right? Over the last, I'd say 15 years, I would have to say I've had about 50 odd some different hair cuts and colors, have already gone through a career change, moved to a different city, experienced the quarter life crisis, am ready for another career change, and some how still don't feel satisfied with life. I haven't experienced that Jerry McGuire "complete me" moment. It's like I have this urge, this burning (and no not THAT one), to try every single thing on the planet. Like one day I will want to start a village and the next open my own shop. I'm starting to think I have ADHD for adults.


Check it out...
So tonight on campus in celebration of BHM (black history month) I heard the sweet pipes of Darnell Levine. He has one of the best voices I've heard in a long time, and the fact that he got to play in a venue like Morley was icing on the lyrical cake. Levine did a musical journey through the decades. His rendition of Stevie Wonder's My Cherie Amour and Seal's Kiss from a Rose was phenomenal. This is someone you will want to keep your eye on...and well, he's easy on the eyes so it's not that hard too.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that was fun... you are too cool! Thanks for eating with us. Enjoyed laughing with you. Let's do it again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so funny! I was so happy to see those Reeses hearts off the shelf and then I rounded the corner and saw those damn EGGS! I'm serioulsy considering a road trip to Hershey PA and kidnapping the chickens who lay those eggs but at least after egg season we get a reprive until pumpkin season...or will they make flags this year? I hope they don't read this, now if I see Reeses Flags I'll know I'm to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it! I think Reese's should make those listerine strips that taste like reese cups. That would rock! It would give you the satisfaction of having one without the guilt of having to buy 6! Don't underestimate Reeses Flags...Independence Day is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete