Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Didn't Lose 50 Pounds Sitting on My Butt...Right?

Well, well look who's back blogging. I apologize to my readers ... unacceptable I know, but in good old excuse fashion things have been busy. I can point the blame at all sorts of things but the problem is there are three fingers pointing back at me! Where to begin...let's recap the past five months...
  1. I moved back to my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio
  2. I took a position with a company I use to work for
  3. I've immersed myself back into a schedule that is just as busy as an A-list celebrity on a movie junket
  4. Oh and the fun part...I've gained back 10 of the 50 pounds I lost
Where does this leave me you ask. It leaves me with a feeling of failure. Failure in letting old habits creep back in; Failure in resisting temptation; Failure in my own free-will of this journey I'm on. Falling off the wagon isn't easy...I take that back it is. All it takes is one damn Reese's Tree and that leads to the whole damn forest (not that I would know that or anything). Falling off wagon also hurts...not that I would personally know what actually falling off a wagon would be like, but I'm sure it would hurt like hell...especially on a gravel road. Ouch. Falling off the weight loss wagon sucks...it's the worst feeling in the world, right up there with a power outage right in the middle of the 24 hours of A Christmas Story. I can look at it as only 10 pounds...but that's 10 POUNDS! 10 pounds of blood, sweat, tears, blisters, swollen ankles, sore muscles, bruises, and cutting calories that for what...for what! To think I can just sit back and be OK with that...hell no.

So right here, right now is my pledge to make it through this journey. Not only to lose the 10 lbs I gained, but also to drop another 50 by September 2011 (which would make my grand total donated to Susan G. Komen $100).

I'm not waiting for the new year to start to declare my war on weight ... I actually started this week. I've worked out every single day this week, replaced my carbonated beverages with water and tea, upped the ante on eating breakfast in the morning and packing balanced lunches instead of running through the drive thru. I've also signed up for kick boxing again which starts January 3, and welcome back with open arms (OK maybe not so much) the 30 Day Shred. You maybe exhausted just reading this, hell I'm exhausted just typing this, but it is necessary that I commit to this promise, not only for myself, but a better and healthier life. I'm not as young as I use to be!

Who's with me in 2011!?

4 comments:

  1. You know I'm in ran three days this week and took spinning...brush that dirt off ya shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it girl! That's what I'm talking about! Have a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what you are? AN INSPIRATION! I just started actually. I'm 4 kids in and look like I'm still preggers with thing 1 and thing 2. I'm feedin' my face out of boredom and to fill voids and that's where I'm getting hung up. I had to get up at 5 just to get a walk in this morning so I've got to figure out a way to move it during the day. Go on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just try the best you can. We all have our bad days.

    ReplyDelete